Friday, March 17, 2006

Looking like a "celebrity"

Is anyone here keeping up with American Idol? I've never been impressed by the show, especially after the first season, when I realized it was completely fixed.

I like to watch the auditions, because you always get a few characters, but aside from that, all American Idol does is annoy me. As do most Idol viewers and their obsessive "I'm-going-to-drop-out-of-life-to-watch-this-ridiculous-show-every-night" attitude.

Unfortunately for me, Idol is news, and it's one of the first stories covered every morning when I wake up. Okay, so maybe America's still at war. Maybe there are people dying of famine and disease all over the globe. Apparently, I HAVE to know who got voted off.

So when I was approached in the hall yesterday by a fellow Pi Sigma Alpha-er and asked if I had been watching Idol, I had to say now, but I knew what was going on. She replied, "I was thinking about you the whole time I was watching it, because one of those girls really looks like you. In fact, her name's Melissa, and the whole time I'm just like, "That looks JUST like Melissa Westmoreland!"

Melissa McGhee. Of all the people in the world, I look like Melissa McGhee.

I miss the days when people used to compare me to Sarah Michelle Gellar. I am now stuck with ugly Idol loser Melissa McGhee.

6 Comments:

At 3/17/2006 12:37 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Okay, Philip, you're fired.

So maybe I can see a bit of a resemblance, when our pictures are side-by-side, but is it really enough of one to constitute a girl I see maybe once every one to two weeks being reminded of me while watching American Idol?

 
At 3/17/2006 1:16 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

I see your Greensborian-ing your blog content. Good call. Politics can be dreadfully boring sometimes. Celebrities always spice things up. You've also been commenting on my blog a lot recently. Can't say I blame you. I'd piggy back off my success if I were you too.

 
At 3/17/2006 1:16 PM, Blogger Joe Killian said...

You think that girl's ugly?

 
At 3/17/2006 2:57 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Patrick,

But last night you said I was the reason people read your blog. DID LAST NIGHT MEAN NOTHING TO YOU?

Joe,

Watching her in person, yeah, I've called her ugly, but looking at her again, I guess you could say she's just "funny looking".

 
At 3/17/2006 4:11 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

It's a symbiotic relationship then. Like lichens. You're the fungus though. I'm the algae.

 
At 7/15/2010 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

take a look at nice first site -

[url=http://trailfire.com/vicodin1] vicodin es [/url]

http://trailfire.com/vicodin1
[url=http://trailfire.com/vicodin1] vicodin withdrawal [/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home